Revised January 2nd, 2021
At Eden West Gourmet, we take the safety of our customers and staff very seriously. As we are writing this, it appears that Covid-19 is still a strong threat, we want to make sure we are doing our part in taking all precautions possible to stop the spread. Before you visit our store, we ask that you please read and agree to the following rules. But first, please note that;
THE ONLINE STORE IS THE SAFEST WAY TO SHOP! Remember that our Online Store is open, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
All our inventory is available online and is being updated in real time! While we love to see you in person, shopping online is a great alternative to coming in store; you can browse our entire store from home, pay safely online and our staff will sanitize their hands before packing your order and will be wearing a face mask while doing so. When your order is ready, you will receive an email with pick up information. Your order will be ready to be picked up quickly and safely! You can even give us a call from outside and we can leave your order outside our front door, if you prefer to avoid coming in, or if too many customers (max. 3) are already in store.
When you visit us in store:
- Face masks are mandatory to enter the store.
- Only 3 customers, or 2 groups of 2 customer at all time, are allowed in the store. If 3 customers are already inside, kindly wait outside, maintaining a 2m. distance. We strongly encourage you to come alone when shopping
- Unless you are just picking up an order, we ask ALL customers to use hand sanitizer upon entry, so you can browse safely and look at products. Disposable gloves are available if you prefer not to use sanitizer. But either hand sanitizer or gloves will be required upon entry.
- Our staff will be wearing a face mask when customers are in the store, and they are all required to wash their hands and sanitize through their shift.
- We prefer credit cards and debit cards for payment by tap. If you have to insert your card and enter a code, our processing machine will be sanitized after each use. If you have to pay by cash, we will use sanitizer after putting the payment away.
- If you bring your own bag, please do not place your bag on the counter. Hold it while filling it or place it on the floor.
- Commonly touch areas will be sanitized several times through the day. Shopping baskets will be sanitized after each use.
- We ask you to not visit the store if; you feel unwell (allergies included), have been in contact with a person infected with Covid-19 or a person in quarantine, or if you have been outside of Canada in the past 14 days.
We are still facing some uncertainty about resuming our in store classes. We are monitoring the situation closely and do our best to follow the recommendations from BC Health Officials.
At this time, we are hoping to resume in store classes by the end of January 2021. But again, it will depend on the current situation, and we will make sure to keep our customers updated as soon as we have new information. If you want to be notified of when new classes will be scheduled, please subscribe to our newsletter here!
And before registering, we ask you to read through this helpful FAQ for important information.
And we are still offering online classes via Zoom. They are 2 hours long, live and you can choose to cook along or just watch and learn! Recipes are available at least a week prior to the class, so you can review them and shop ahead. We offer 10% on anything in our store (in store or online, except; cooking classes, gift cards and gift baskets) for an entire week when you register. And you get a recording of the class afterwards, accessible for at least 30 days!
If you miss the class, or can’t make it while it happens, as long as you have registered, you will still get the recording, so you can review the class at your own pace!
Private cooking events;
At this time, we are hosting private cooking events for groups that are comfortable being together, with safety measures in place and after you agreed to sign a waiver form with rules and conditions to be followed by all guests. A copy of this form can be sent anytime upon request. For more info, contact us at email@example.com.
If you have questions, concerns or suggestions, please contact us! Call us at 604-939-6200 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support and understanding!
/ Valentine Kitamura