Job Opportunity - Retail & Events Associate
Are you passionate about food, event operations and are not afraid of thinking outside the box? Then, we have the job for you! As a Retail & Events Associate, you will assist with the daily operations of Eden West Gourmet, you will be responsible for in store cooking classes, including support and guidance to ensure the success of these classes which result in a positive guest experience.
Eden West Gourmet is a foodie’s wonderland. We offer a variety of Gourmet Goodies, Gift Baskets, Cooking Classes, Private Events, and Charcuterie Boxes.
What is in it for you:
- Part-time to start which may result in full-time during peak periods. Potential for permanent full-time.
- Opportunity to develop your talent, gain experience in the industry with a potential for growth
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage, and meeting specifications
- Ensuring the proper setup, handling, usage and storage equipment and supplies
- Ensure Eden West customer service standards are maintained
- Create unforgettable experiences for our customers
- Maintain the highest quality of service related to customer service and all cooking class events
- Ensure guest safety during cooking classes
- Post class clean up, including washing dishes
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous retail experience is not mandatory, but is considered an asset
- Service focused personality is essential and previous retail experience preferred but not required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all ownership, coworkers, and customers
- Ability to upsell products, upcoming events as well as do introductions for the cooking classes
- Ability to lead by example, believe in a strong team culture and set the scene for high performance
- Knowledge of Social media not required but considered an asset
- Must be PC and iPad savvy
- Will also be trained on POS system
- Level 1 FoodSafe certification required
- Serving it Right certification an asset
- Availability: you must be available for events, weekends and 2 - 3 evenings per week
Your team and working environment:
At Eden West Gourmet, we are passionate and experts in what we do, each and every one of us, with our own personality, master the fine art of welcoming, connecting, and serving others. We are passionate about people, attentive to the needs of our customers and we aim at creating exceptional experiences that will turn customers into raving fans.
Note: Successful candidates must be legally eligible to work Canada, have the ability to work holidays and weekends
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume at email@example.com