Job Opportunity - Events Associate
Are you passionate about food? We may have the job for you! As an Events Associate, you will assist all of Eden West Gourmet cooking events first hand, meet some fabulous Chefs, enjoy a great time with our guests and eat delicious food!
Eden West Gourmet is a foodie’s wonderland. We offer a variety of Gourmet Goodies, Gift Baskets, Cooking Classes, and Private Events.
What is in it for you:
- Casual position (1 to 3 shifts a week) to start which may result in a more regular part-time position during peak periods.
- Opportunity to learn about running events, cooking like a chef and see the behind the scenes of a small business
- Eat delicious food cooked by our Chefs and take home recipes!
What you will be doing:
- Serving food and to customers, taking away dishes, serving drinks and maintaining clean tables during the events.
- Washing dishes and equipment used by the Chef has they get used, in a timely manner
- Ensuring the proper setup, handling, usage and storage equipment and supplies
- Ensure Eden West customer service standards are maintained
- Create unforgettable experiences for our customers
- Maintain the highest quality of service related to customer service and all cooking class events
- Ensure guest safety during cooking classes
- Post class clean up
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous waitressing and / or dishwashing experience is not mandatory, but is considered an asset
- Service focused personality is essential and previous restaurant experience preferred but not required
- Proven ability to build and maintain good relationships with all ownership, coworkers, and customers
- Ability to speak professionally to customer, as well as do introductions for the cooking classes
- Positive attitude maintained at all time and quick decision making.
- Level 1 FoodSafe certification required
- Serving it Right certification an asset
- Availability: you must be available for events, weekends and evenings
- Good physical health; Must be able to stay standing for an entire shift (except breaks). Cooking classes requires high energy to serve and assist with cleaning through the event
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Possibility for advancement:
The right candidate could be trained to work in the retail side of our business, handling customers in store and over the phone, making sales, getting training on our POS system and more! More hours and responsibilities could be offered during our peak season (November – December)
Your team and working environment:
At Eden West Gourmet, we are passionate and experts in what we do, each and every one of us, with our own personality, master the fine art of welcoming, connecting, and serving others. We are passionate about people, attentive to the needs of our customers and we aim at creating exceptional experiences that will turn customers into raving fans.
Send your resume with brief note telling us why you would be perfect for this job at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted if we are interested in an interview.