Ashney is one of most adored customer, and an amazing cook! Definitely go check her Instagram page for the most beautiful pictures of her gourmet creations!
This week, Ashney is sharing with us her Apple Butter recipe, perfect for this time of year!
We can't wait to try it!
- 5 pounds apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon of butter (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Apple pectin
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon extract
- Place the apples in a slow cooker or thick bottom pan
Add the sugars, cinnamon, salt and bourbon to the pot. Mix well.
Cook it on a very low flame for about 2 hours stirring every couple Of minutes
- The apple butter should be thick and dark brown.
- If desired, use a blender to puree the apple butter until smooth paste
Cover and refrigerate for up for weeks or freeze in small containers.
See Ashney's recipe on her Instagram account here!