Flaky Baked Brie
What’s not to love about that? Melted cheese, flaky pastry, easy to do… This recipe is a must for your entertaining season!
We wanted to highlight one of the cheese we have now in store, that’s right, we started to bring in cheeses! Just a couple local good quality ones for now, but we will bring more if we see that you are interested!
This wonderful Brie from Little Qualicum Cheeseworks, is proudly made in BC! It’s the perfect size for this recipe. Paired with some fig spread and a few condiments, you can’t go wrong!
You just need to get some frozen puff pastry sheet from your favorite supermarket. May I add that you should always have puff pastry in your freezer? You can make lots of very simple recipes in a snap when you have puff pastry on hand!
We served it with a tanguy and sweet vinaigrette, a few greens and apple, and it’s just amazing!
Hope you’re feeling inspired to give it a try this holiday season!
See the recipe video on Instagram and give us a follow!
Flaky Baked Brie
Perfect for entertaining, easy to put together when you have frozen puff pastry on hand!
- 1 puff pastry sheet, store bought, frozen thawed
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 1 apple sliced
- 4 Tbsp chopped pecans
- On each square of puff pastry, place 2 pieces of brie in the middle. Season with salt, pepper and dried oregano. Spoon 1 Tbsp of fig jam on top of the brie.
- Close each squares of pastry over the cheese. Wet the edges of the pastry with your finger dipped in water to seal it. Turn the pastries over on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 egg yolk with 1 Tbsp of water. With a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on top of each pastry. With a small knife, you can draw a crisscross pattern on top, make sure to not cut through the pastry!
- Bake in the oven for about 20 min, until the pastry is a golden color and it looks cooked on all sides. Let rest 5 min before serving
- Make a salad dressing: whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and white pepper.
- On each serving plate, place some green lettuce of your choice, 1/4 of a finely sliced apple. Drizzle with the salad dressing.
- Place the baked brie on each plate. Drizzle with honey. Sprinkle some chopped pecans. Serve while the pastry is warm!